The Sudbury Wolves have a long and interesting history. The Wolves name goes back to the 1930’s for both Junior and Senior clubs. The Senior Wolves competed for the Allan Cup up until 1959. The Junior club rose to prominence from 1962-1972 as part of the Northern Ontario Hockey Association Junior ‘A’ which competed for the Memorial Cup. However, over the league’s 10 year existence, its league champion managed to win only 1 game against the much stronger OHA champion. When Junior Hockey restructured in 1972, NOHA Jr’A’ was no more. But the Niagara Falls Flyers of the OHA relocated to Sudbury to become the new Sudbury Wolves of the then OHA Major Junior ‘A’ (Today’s OHL). Pictured is a puck from the NOHA Sudbury Wolves (circa 1970) along with a current Wolves puck.